Saturday, December 6, 2008

For all you scribblers out there!


So I have this friend, CANDACE OKELLO, oops… I just exposed her, who loves to write bogus notes on the whiteboard that hangs on my door. Just for the record, if you ever happen to see one of these obnoxious notes, know that they are full of false facts and have nothing to do with me! On a more serious note, though I act as if I don’t enjoy the notes, I actually do. They usually make me chuckle when times are hard and in realizing this, I went on to surf the internet for a place online with similar capabilities. I found a site that is pretty close to the whiteboard that hangs on my door but obviously, is online. It is ScribLink.

According to the Website, Scriblink is “a free digital whiteboard that users can share online in real-time. Sorta like pen and paper, minus the dead trees, plastic, and the inconvenience of being at the same place at the same time.” Scriblink doesn’t require registration and provides you with a whiteboard as soon as you enter the site. It was introduced in 2006 and has many features that users would enjoy for fun along with features that are used for more practical things such as layout planning, concept diagramming, or tutoring your friends in math, for example.


I found Scriblink to be a cool and clever idea. Of course it is appealing and useful for entertainment purposes but as for its uses in the professional realm, it is still as helpful. Scriblink allows for messages and ideas to be shared in real-time, which is ideal for professionals, and also has voice conference, file transfer, and image upload functions.

Though Scriblink has been up and running for about two years now, it is still in its beginning stages and a work in progress toward the ideal information sharing Website. I recommend people to check it out, especially us college students who have better things to do but would rather scribble randomly on our neighbors’ whiteboard! Soon enough, all scribblers will be linked together! (Corny I know, but that’s their goal hence the name ScribLink!) :)

2 comments:

Candace said...

I think I am going actually look this site up, it seems fun and will give me another reason to avoid my work. And for the record, I do not write bogus messages on your board, I would like to think of them as words of encouragement. lol. But on a serious note, it does make a more interesting way to leave comments and messages other than, like you said, wasting paper.

Amanda said...

I agree this is a really cool idea to link people together in a fun way. It allows people that are not right down the hall from each other to write each other fun notes. This is a great way to connect people. I also found a blog on their website which adds to the ability to communicate on this site besides the whiteboards.