Sunday, December 14, 2008

Reflection...

In finishing the semester of Electronic Communications class, I am more aware of the electronic communication tools that are available, their uses, their popularity, their audiences, prevalence, and the chances of becoming addicted to, each one possesses.

To be honest, the class was nothing of my expectations, but was actually better. It was a great experience because it focused on technology used by those of my age group but also, extended to those who aren’t in college and are professionals. Knowing the flexibility of the uses of each social networking site just made the class all the more interesting.
Aside from the audiences these networks attract, I was able to learn about how they are used and the purpose behind them. Seeing their uses outside of the social realm was new to me. I enjoyed the chance to see this.

What I appreciated most of all was learning of my position in the use of CMC in general. It was second nature until I was asked to observe my usage of CMC. The week we went without CMC was tough because I rely on it so much. I call home to check on the family. I text my friends during the week to make sure they are okay. Facebook holds all of this together, weird to say.
It was hearing the statistics and knowing I was a part of that made everything click. The saying, “there’s always someone who is worse,” felt relevant. If I use CMC this much, I’m sure someone is doing the same x2!

I enjoyed the class and did take interest in it. I feel that I’ll actually apply some of the concepts learned even as the class is finished.

No comments: