Sunday, October 12, 2008

No Article, No Internet

There is no article for this, this is real! I am home, in Youngstown, Ohio, with no Internet.

Friday afternoon when I got home, I immediately got online, before unpacking my bags, and browsed through the Internet. I checked both of my e-mail accounts, Facebook.com account, Myspace.com account, the weather, movies playing in the theaters, and visited a few clothing websites. Everything was all good! I was using my wireless, sitting on the couch in the living room, laying on my bed in my room, I could even take it with me to the restroom if I wanted to (T.M.I., I know!) I was living the life.

Saturday came around and I decided to go shopping with the little sibling, of course we had checked the websites ahead of time to get an idea of what we wanted, and we had a really good time; we really caught some good sales! Meanwhile, I was using my cellular phone's internet to see what I wanted to get into that night. I checked Facebook.com to see what others were going to be getting into, I map quested potential destinations, and was calling people left and right! I was determined to have fun during the weekend portion of my mid-semester break! The Internet, as well as my cellular phone, was coming extremely handy!

So, I ended up doing nothing last night. It sucks, I know! BUT, I was able to download tons of new songs, change my profile a bit, upload a few new pictures, and chat with old friends of mine. After all, I guess it wasn't too useless of a night! I was up until nearly 5 a.m., although it's killing me to admit this, dabbling around on the Internet.

Now as I lay in bed, at 4:30 p.m., I have no Internet what so ever! I don't know what is going on right now. I may sound corny asking this, but how can you have such a productive weekend with the Internet and other technological resources and then have them stripped?! Do you feel my pain?! I don't think you do. I would like to check my Facebook.com account, yea, maybe even read about Palin, "doggonit!" I can't! Ahh, it's looking like I have fallen victim to the Internet, maybe I AM addicted. =/

1 comment:

Carly said...

I totally understand how rough it can be to not have internet. Because people depend on it so much to communicate, and for entertainment, it is difficult to be without it. I think it is especially difficult to lose internet when you are not expecting or planning to not have online access. It is not only frustrating, but very inconvenient.